The Gynecologic Cancer Institute of Chicago is the premier gynecologic oncology practice in the Chicago suburbs. The group was created to provide comprehensive and accessible gynecologic oncology care as well as to provide a center of excellence in gynecologic oncology for patients desiring treatment in the Chicago suburbs.
Oncology is the study of cancer. An oncologist is a doctor who treats cancer. Drs. Guirguis, Lowe, McIlwain, and Neubauer are gynecologic oncologists and have extensive training in performing complex surgeries involving the female reproductive organs such as: uterus, ovaries and fallopian tubes, and surrounding tissues. Many of the surgeries are performed using the minimally invasive Da Vinci Robotic Surgical System.* Our physicians also are trained to assess, plan, and manage your chemotherapy if needed.
* The da Vinci System is powered by robotic technology that allows the surgeon’s hand movements to be translated into smaller, precise movements of tiny instruments inside the patient’s body. One of the instruments is a laparoscope – a thin tube with a tiny camera and light at the end. The camera sends images to a video monitor in the operating room to guide doctors during surgery. The surgeon is 100% in control of the da Vinci System at all times. The da Vinci System has brought minimally invasive surgery to more than 3 million patients worldwide.
We understand that a diagnosis of cancer is a life changing event. Our physicians and staff are focused on providing comprehensive and compassionate care to our patients. We will explain your cancer diagnosis and stage to you, discuss all relevant treatment options, and help manage cancer-related pain and other symptoms or treatment side effects. We will work with your primary care physician, general gynecologist, and radiation oncologist as needed to keep them updated on your treatment and condition.
Our physicians are on staff at several hospitals including:
- Advocate Christ Medical Center
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- Elmhurst Memorial Hospital
- Hinsdale Hospital
- La Grange Memorial Hospital
- MacNeal Hospital
- OSF Little Company of Mary Hospital
- Palos Health Hospital